- Use The Migrant Cycle of Prayer for those in detention facilities, prepared by St. Mark’s Capitol Hill
- Freedom for Immigrants Guide to Starting and Coordinating Visitation Groups
- Guide to Visiting People in Immigration Detention
Write letters to those in detention
- Volunteers for Immigrants in Detention – Albuquerque letter writing program
- LIRS offers Connect With a Pen Pal in Detention
Learn what’s happening locally and discern your response
- Episcopal lay and clergy leaders from across the country have developed a short inventory questionnaire to help guide others to learn more about what is happening in their local area and to begin to discern their ministry response.
EMM hosts an Asylum and Detention Ministry Network that meets virtually on the fourth Wednesday of every month. The Ministry Network’s collaborative work and conversation focus on best practice-sharing in areas of direct service, organizing, advocacy actions, Christian formation and worship resources, and community education to protect asylum, promote humane and dignified alternatives to detention, and to support asylum seekers and those harmed by the immigration detention system. Join the network.