Today’s episode is a webinar recording of Love God, Love Neighbor: Episcopal Action on Asylum, an overview of asylum in the United States, information about the new rule proposed, a panel conversation with our guests, and specific actions you can take today to advocate for continued protection for asylum.
Since the Episcopal Action on Asylum webinar aired on June 23, we have ramped up our participation in the CLINIC click-to-comment campaign and are encouraging as many Episcopalians as possible to sign up for the joint Interfaith Immigration Coalition/Asylum Working Group Virtual Asylum Advocacy Days (July 14-16). The deadline to register is July 1. More information here; register here
- Please submit your comment and please encourage your friends to do likewise. We only have until July 15 to express our views on the proposed new asylum rule, which would virtually end asylum in the U.S.
- We encourage you to speak with the leaders of your faith community, diocese, and other organizations to which you’re connected about submitting a comment as an organization. Submit organizational comments directly through the federal register website.
- EPPN Action Alert on the Proposed Asylum Rule
- EPPN Action Alert on Asylum – Please send to your members of Congress!
- Download the Take Action Toolkit
- 9 Things a Congregation Can Do To Support Asylum Seekers
- Video replay of the webinar
- PDF of the Powerpoint slides
- Closing Prayers of the People